Friday, October 15, 2010

Tigers with 'Tude

Like so many people in life... I've got too many things on my plate. Sometimes things fall off. This blog was one of them. So I'm making another attempt at getting it started. This is the blog for The Forest's Edge, Ltd., my art studio.

Initially, to get it started, I'll be posting an image of the day.

My husband and I are photographers. I use photos that I find appealing to create what we're calling photo impressionism. This is not the "blurred motion" type of photo impressionism that a lot of photographers use, but one that starts with a sharp image, blurs or simplifies many of the details (especially in the background) and keeps the main subject matter reasonably identifiable. Only my name will appear on artwork created by me from beginning to end. If I use one of my hubby's images as a starting point, the metadata will include both of us, but the signature will be mine. This is how my husband wants it. If a straight photo is posted that is his, he will get the photo credit.

So here's today's image...

"George"
Amur Tiger a.k.a. Siberian
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Colorado Springs, CO

The following tidbit is posted here thanks to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo:

Did You Know... that you can do something to help Amur Tigers?

Want to do something to help Amur tigers? Recycle all the aluminum you use! "Bauxite" a sedimentary rock, naturally occurs in tiger habitats. This rock is essential to making the aluminum that we use in cans, soda, etc. every day. You can help protect tigers and their habitat by recycling as much aluminum as possible. Recycling lowers the demand for creating new aluminum, and thus the need to log and mine in wild tiger habitat. Recycle your aluminum cans today and help save tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment