Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Hair Has Been Changed


Saturday, March 26 is quickly approaching. I am scheduled to have my head shaved at 12:10 p.m. in Armstrong Hall (14 E Cache La Poudre) on the Colorado College Campus.

Thank you to each and everyone who has donated (and will donate) to help me raise critical funds for childhood cancer research.

My goal is still $1,500.00.

  • At $500, I permed my hair... thank you to everyone who helped me get there!
  • At $1,000, you who have donated chose "Tiger-Striped" for the hair color... thank you to those who helped me get to that next fundraising level. The first image is what was initially done. It was then determined that the change was not obvious enough so the next step was taken. Surprisingly, the black stripes show up better against the auburn.
  • The next level is $1,500. We're $473 away from meeting that final fundraising level and "Creating the Mohawk"!
Where does the money go?
Grant funds have been distributed to the over 230 institutions of the Children's Oncology Group (COG) for laboratory research and to help make clinical trials available to more children than ever, giving them treatment that offers the best chance for a cure. Your support truly makes a difference!


What percentage of my money goes to research?
Of every dollar raised, 78% funds research to find a cure, 19% goes to fundraising (website, phones, postage, printing, t-shirts, office space, staff, etc.) and 3% goes to administration (accounting, distributing and monitoring grants, etc.). St. Baldrick's takes its responsibility to be efficient and good stewards of every dollar donated very seriously, and strives to put the most funding possible into the hands of researchers who can cure childhood cancers.
Click on St. Baldrick's Foundation for more information on the organization.

Click on Dusty to get to my donation page and help with the final push.


If you wish to donate by check or cash, you may flag me down or mail it to the Foundation. Please follow the information on the FAQ page to mail in a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment