Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Choice of Color Coming to an End

51 hours left & counting
Current 1st place
2nd place
In the running












In just about 51 hours I will be sporting a new "do". Last night, the $1000 goal was surpassed by a friend who felt it was important that I not miss out on changing my hair color. He also has a very generous heart and made his contribution to help with those critical research funds for childhood cancer cures.

It has been interesting to see what choices the donors are choosing. Tiger-striped is my choice and preference. I think it will also be much more striking when the Mohawk is cut than any of the solid colors. Of course, it makes me look like a Bengals' fan and while I am a Bengal tiger fan (& all other tiger sub-species), my NFL team is and always has been "Da Bears".

However, my goal is still $1,500. We are just $460 away from reaching that goal. And you can still get in on that. You can either click on this entry's title or here to reach my St. Baldrick's page to donate. It's never too late to help with those funds for researching childhood cancer cures.

Colorado Springs' Shave Day was in the top 25 events to raise the most money. Last year we raised $142, 979. The St. Baldrick's Foundation handed out over $15 million last year for childhood cancer research. Thanks for your help in advancing cancer research.

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. -- Albert Pike

No comments:

Post a Comment